It will not only affect the agricultural products but also the health of the local villagers with asthma, Allergic, Trinities Sinusitis, dermatitis (type of skin disease) especially among the childrens, Eczema, Allergic papules and all types of Allergic reactions.
If it intrudes into the agricultural domain productivity is definitely going to be adversely affected.
In the recent past, this approach gained momentum to do away with unwanted plants. Experimentally, it was found that Cassia species can control parthenium. C.sericea(C.uniflora), a non-nitrogen fixing leguminous herb, colonizes more aggressively without giving scope for Parthenium to manifest. Cassia can be encouraged either from wild source or by introducing it in targeted areas.
- It is a vigorous species, which colonizes in grassy land . It grows rapidly in bare areas along roadsides and water points.
- It reduces the production of pasture.
- It is very expensive to control.
- It is a major health hazard to human beings.
- It emits carbon dioxide and hence, poses a problem to nitrogen fixation and becomes a parasite, dependent on standing crops and animals in its vicinity.
- Its pollens are a major cause of asthma, especially in children and elderly people.
- It is a major cause of Allergic, Trinities Sinusitis, affecting about ten percent of the people who live near it.
- It is a major cause of dermatitis, a skin disease, among animals and human being.
- It reduces yield of milk and weight of animals.
- It causes irritation to eyes.